More recently, borehole logging has increasingly taken on tasks related to the exploration of the underground of planned infrastructure activities. In addition to the extension of evaluation methods and techniques, the intensive development of specific measurement techniques also began.
Following this development, BLM GmbH has also started to use new measuring methods. These include scanner procedures (acoustic / optical), which allow an optical evaluation of the structural conditions (joint structures and their course) in the rock. With consideration of further measuring methods a complex evaluation of the existing rock is possible, which allows e.g. the localization and quantification of aquifers.
The concrete tasks within the scope of services usually arise in connection with preliminary exploration work for road and highway constructions as well as tunnel constructions.
The measuring programs are specifically compiled according to the task definition in order to increase the accuracy of the borehole geophysical results. The processing and interpretation of the results is of great importance, as additional important parameters can be obtained in this way.
The equipment available at BLM GmbH includes the following methods:
- Caliper (CAL-3, CAL-4)
- Gamma Ray Log (GR)
- Spectral Gamma Ray Log (SGR)
- Resistivity measurements (focused [FEL] or inductive [IL], small/large resistivity standards [EL-KN/EL-GN])
- Borehole deviation (BA)
- Density Log (GG.D)
- Neutron Log (NN)
- Imaging methods (camera inspection [TV], acoustic scanner [ABF], optical scanner [OPTV])
- Full Wave Sonic / Cement Bond Log (FWS / CBL)
- Conductivity / temperature of the fluid (SAL/TEMP)
- Milieu parameters (MIL: pH, redox, O2)
- Flowmeter (FLOW)